Okay, so now I've been tagged twice for this meme: first by the Literary Acquisitionist and then by Amy at Books, Words and Writing. So here are the rules:
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
My 8 random facts/habits:
1. Although I have this image of being very clean and neat, I take a perverse pleasure sometimes in letting my house get really messy. And then it gets too messy, and I freak out and have to clean everything.
2. I absolutely HATE grocery shopping. Seriously, I will wait until all I have left in the house is some peanut butter and maybe a few questionable eggs before I shop again. But I am deliriously happy when I have food in the house again. I agree it makes no sense.
3. Finally, at the advanced age of 41, I've discovered that I'm a pretty light sleeper. We had some early warm weather a couple of weeks ago; not enough for the A/C but enough to for me to pull out my table fan. I suddenly found I was sleeping much better. Now I run it just for the white noise.
4. I have a confession to make: For all my love of Victorian literature, I have read Wuthering Heights only once. And I really didn't like it. That was, like, 15 years ago and I haven't been persuaded to pick it up again and give it another chance. And I feel guilty about that.
5. I am in deathly fear of finding out about the end of The Sopranos and what happens in the last Harry Potter book. I don't have HBO and my sister is the one with the HP book on order. I figure by July, I'll need to go into serious news blackout. I have suggested to my sister, only half-kiddingly, that I take the day off, she can ship the kids to Grandma's, and we spend the day reading the book out loud to each other until we're finished!
6. I have an embarrassing amount of yarn for the actual amount of knitting that I do.
7. According to LibraryThing, I have 649 books in my library (there is a small handful I haven't cataloged yet.)
8. I am very glad to be done with this meme!
I've seen nearly everyone do this. But I'm tagging Nose in a Book and So Many Yarns next.