Friday, November 10, 2006

The Birthday Scarf

Here's a quick pic of the birthday scarf I just finished for my sister. It's a very simple pattern of knitting six rows in stockinette stitch, then six rows in garter stitch. I let her pick her own color of Landscapes and she chose Campfire, which is a beautiful fall blend of orange, gray and black.

Since scarves seem to be about the only thing I can actually finish when I'm knitting, I think I'm going to sign up for the Red Scarf Project 2007. It's an effort to provide red scarves to college students who have grown out of foster care and are out on their own. Scarves (unisex style, please) will be given out in February 2007. A great excuse to buy more yarn!

For more charity knitting projects, check out Kirsty's blog, So Many Yarns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scarf!