Thursday, September 28, 2006

Too Many Books

I actually didn't think it was possible for me to string those three words together. But my "to be read" pile is freaking me out. It just grew by two more books yesterday, for a grand total of ten. Fully half of them are borrowed (or, more properly, foisted upon me, as in "you have to read this!") -- and that doesn't include the one I'm reading now. Maybe it's the non-ownership part that bothers me. I really don't like to hold on to things that aren't mine; I like to use them and then return them.

I really wish I was one of those people who could read multiple books at the same time. But I can't. I like to finish one before I move on to the next. So hopefully my friends will be patient with me. I'll get through them all eventually!

No comments: